share this page

Ile de France Cluster Mapping

SYSTEMATIC PARIS REGION – ICT CLUSTER  

Systematic Paris Region (SPR) competitiveness cluster brings together 600 key players in the Paris region working in the field of software-intensive systems. Activities are centred on strategic missions: fostering innovation through collaborative R&D and supporting the growth and the international development of its small and medium-sized enterprise (SME) members. Its innovation activities are: Automotive & Transport, Free and Open Source Software, Security & Defence, Systems Design and Development Tools, Telecoms, Smart Energy. www.systematic-paris-region.org

 

 

 

 

V-LINC ANALYSIS RESULTS:

  • Companies: 10 (SMEs = 6, MNCs = 4)
  • Interviews: 11
  • Individual Linkages: 393
  • Employment Range: Small (<50) to Large (250+).

 

SUMMARY STATISTICS:

 

LOCAL LINKAGES – SYSTEMATIC:


NATIONAL LINKAGES – SYSTEMATIC:


EUROPEAN LINKAGES – SYSTEMATIC:


INTERNATIONAL LINKAGES – SYSTEMATIC:

 

HIGHLIGHTS OF SYSTEMATIC ICT CLUSTER ECOSYSTEM RESULTS:

  • The V‐LINC findings show the respondents serve customers both within France, 45%, whilst 55% of outputs are exported. When the data for large firms and SMEs are separated a different perspective is gained; SMEs are more reliant on the French market (57%), whilst large firms export 64% of outputs.
  • Île‐de‐France has Europe’s highest concentration of R&D, V‐LINC reports that R&D linkages made up 24% of the total linkages recorded, the 2nd highest frequency after outputs. R&D connections exist with companies, private research labs, private and public research institutes and universities. Interestingly SMEs engage in more R&D linkages than large firms; however more of these are within France for SMEs (77%) than for large firms (56%).
  • Approximately 60% of the respondent input and specialist service linkages e.g. materials, services, technology or capital are sourced within France, showing the support industry provides for the local and national economies.
  • The Île‐de‐France ICT security firms show strong linkages with government agencies: over 40% are in the High band and the remaining 60% in the Medium band. The majority of these linkages occur locally (53%) as government departments and other national state agencies are based in Paris.
  • Firms perceive local industry associations as important: 90% of linkages are in the top two bands. Twenty seven local industry associations’ linkages were recorded with 15 different bodies, comprised of broader ICT cluster organisations (or pôles de compétitivité) and focused security bodies. Systematic are a key connector here.
© 2018 CIT | web development by Granite Digital